Tuesday 23 July 2013

July's Goodie List

 
Good Afternoon, Ladies!

If you're like me and you've always spent your student loan/ wages/ savings before the end of the month, I'm sure you've already started planning what you are going to buy with next months instalment of cash! I know I spend hours day dreaming and surfing the web for next months treats (sad, but true). But this month my five products are things I have been desperate to own for agessss! Their sparkling reviews are so endearing and they have huge followings. So here are the little beauties... 

YSL MASCARA VOLUME EFFET FAUX CILS BABY DOLL 
I tried this Mascara in Debenhams a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with it! Honestly, I was hypnotised by the make up artist who was wearing it because her eyelashes really stood out. I was quite sceptical at first because I've been using Benefit's fantastic best seller They're Real since it came out, and although this Mascara will always be my safety net, I've been looking to broaden my horizons with something new. I've been very blessed with my eyelashes as they are quite long, but they don't have the fullness that those lucky ladies with thick eyelashes have. That is why YSL's newest creation was an absolute god send. It gave me that eyelash flutter that all us girls crave, added length and even more volume that seperates each individual lash beautifully. However, it does you a false lash look, so wearing this on a day to day basis might not be the best idea if you prefer the au naturale look. I can't wait to get my hands on this product and will probably be singing its praises in a review in a few weeks time!

JO MALONE EARL GREY AND CUCUMBER FRAGRANCE
Every time I pass the Jo Malone store in Nottingham I always have a cheeky spritz of this scent! It comes from her Citrus range and I'll be looking at paying £39.00 for the 30ml bottle, but oh is it worth it. When I first heard the name Earl Grey and Cucumber I imagined walking around smelling like a salad dressing. But as it turns out it is a very unique, very feminine and fresh summer scent. Keeping you cool as a cucumber! (sorry I had to). One of the other things I admire about this perfume is the oh so elegant bottle. I definitely would not be chucking this one at the bottom of my handbag, it will be proudly displayed on my dressing table in all its glory.

YSL TOUCHE ECLAT FOUNDATION
After the worldwide success of the famous Touche Eclat concealer, it would have been a huge mistake to not make a foundation benefiting from YSL's revolutionary formula. I was given a 7 day sample of this foundation, alongside another sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation, and ended up purchasing Double Wear. I am obsessed with Double Wear as it gives you such great coverage, but I have been thinking recently that Touche Eclat's thinner consistency will be much better for every day use.
This foundation gives off the same illuminating finish as the concealer, and enhances your skins natural glow instead of covering it over like other foundations do. It also highlights the contours of your face when the natural light hits your skin and does not budge all day long. Eeeek!

NARS LIGHT REFLECTING ILLUMINATING POWDER
Last, but by no means least, is the Nars Illuminating face powder. This product comes in the form of a pressed or a loose powder, I personally prefer loose powders as it gives you the freedom to pat any excess back into the pot. This powder has absolutely no colour and contains Photochromic Technology which diffuses light and makes your skin glow and appear flawless. This product is perfect  for those that like the dewy look of foundation but struggle to maintain it throughout the day. Those gorgeous Victoria Secret's models swear by this product, and if its good enough for them then it's definitely good enough for me!

Hope you enjoyed hearing all about these gorgeous products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...