Friday 26 July 2013

Review; Bare Minerals Face Powder and Powder Blush




Good evening, Ladies!

Today was one of those days when you wake up, rub your eyes, walk over to the mirror and oh hello there! A spot. This has inspired me to write a post about the Bare Minerals powders I own. You have probably realised the connection, but in case you are wondering what on earth I am talking about I shall explain. Bare Minerals (or Bare Escentuals) claim that their make up is good for you skin. Yes, that's right, good for your skin! Their make up is also advertised as skin care, as it contains minerals and lots of other lovelies that don't harm your skin like other make up can. 

What I love about these products is they enhance your skin, they don't make you look like a completely different person. Which is great for when my boyfriend stays over and on the one hand I want to look a little fresher, but on the other I don't want to crawl out of my cosy bed for too long. 
With the face powder you really only need a little bit of concealer and maybe a tiny bit of foundation if you like full coverage. But to be honest it looks so pretty without it you probably wouldn't bother.
I love to wear this powder when I feel my skin needs a bit of a detox, which is clearly now as the glorious weather we have been blessed with recently has taken its toll on my face. 

Now you are probably thinking that a pot of make up like that might not last all that long, but don't fear, this one I've had since February and its still going strong. Obviously it depends how often you use a product, but if you used it when your skin was in need of a little TLC (around 10 days in the month for me) it should last a while. 
This brings me to the blush. As you can see from the picture this blush seems very dark, and it is. But this is not necessarily a bad thing, this is because it is very pigmented. You only need the teeny tiniest amount of this blusher so be very careful when you apply, I have ended up looking a bit drag on the odd occasion! Make sure you are in an area with good lighting when you apply. Regardless of that, this blush does have a lovely subtle glitter to it that sparkles in certain lights and looks fab! I must admit these two products do go hand in hand, as they look best when they are used together.

I got these products in a starter set and it ended up being one of the best make up sets I've bought. It came with a lip gloss, face primer, eye shadow primer and eye liner. I think out of the set these two products and probably the primer are the only ones I will be buying again. I would recommend just going to the counter in your nearest department store and trying a few things out before you decide!

PERSONAL RATING
BARE MINERALS FACE POWDER- 8.5/10
BARE MINERALS BLUSH- 7.5/10

If your skin is in need I would really recommend this product to you! Think of it as an investment into healthy looking skin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...