Thursday 25 July 2013

Service Review; Benefit Brow Bar, The Benebrow Arch






Over the years I have experienced almost every eyebrow related disaster going; the wonky brow, the short brow, the too thin brow, the too far in brow (I could go on...). I don't think anything can be worse for someone's face than a bad brow, so you can imagine how happy I was when I heard of the new Benefit Eyebrow service. My first experience of the Benebrow was a few months ago, and now I am completely hooked. They only do one shape, which they call 'The Arch'. I initially thought this is quite restrictive, but they ask you how defined you would like the arch of your brow, and cater it to the shape they can create with the hair you have available. As it turns out she explained that this arch flatters nearly all face shapes, and I must agree I think they look great! 

Now, I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to pain. When I have plucked/ waxed/ threaded in the past I've just ended up looking a complete state, eyes streaming, red, blotchy, just a plain disaster. So imagine how thrilled I was when I realised that a Benebrow wax does not hurt. Obviously you feel it a little, but I didn't even flinch, and that in comparison to how I've been in the past is nothing short of a miracle. Carly, the lovely girl who did my eyebrows in Basingstoke today, told me they use a very soft wax that is warmed to the perfect temperature as to not damage your skin! So no fear ladies, they've got that covered.

As soon as I got there Carly was an absolute babe, and explained what she was going to do, just like a mini tutorial. I found this really helpful as she explained to me I have been plucking my eyebrows too far in at the start of my brow. What is great about this is they really know their stuff, and have taught me a lesson I'll never forget! She spent about 30 minutes doing my eyebrows, which is a lot longer than you would expect (especially when my sister was waiting for me) but you cant argue with it because I really felt like she cared. My sister was so impressed she booked in straight after I was finished!

To put the icing on the cake, they don't let you leave looking anything less than perfect. For no extra price Carly put Benefit's amazing cream It's Potent on my skin to soothe it, followed by their new 15 hour Hello Flawless primer (which I hadn't actually tried yet, bonus) and then also put my personal favourite Benefit's industrial strength concealer Boi-ing over the skin. All this topped off with Brow Zings to define the lovely new shape of your eyebrows! After all that I looked good to go! 

You can also get an eyebrow tint which actually takes no time at all, but because I use Brow Zings every day anyway I didn't see much point to be honest. All together I paid £11.50 (£12.50 if you include the pound tip I gave her) which could be seen as a little on the expensive side for a student, but I think its worth every shiny penny. Oh and you get reward points on your Debenhams beauty card (another bonus).

Don't forget if you want to give it a try you need an appointment. They are very highly recommended by me, they have answered my eyebrow prayers! 

PERSONAL RATING- 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...